King David was a Tattle-Tale!
When I was a kid nobody liked a tattle-tale, and you sure didn’t want to be known as one. You know those kids who were always watching for something to happen so they could go tell it to the world? Kids who would tattle on others always got on my nerves! I didn’t like it and most of the people I knew felt the same way! As we grow into adulthood, nothing changes. We still have the same feelings towards tattle-tales.
Oh by the way, you know what? King David was a tattle-tell! That’s right, you read that correctly. King David was a big tattle-tell! You mean the famous King from the Bible? Yes that King – the man after God’s own heart was a tattle-tell! Take a look for yourself!
King David said: “I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done” Psalm 9:1 NLT.
See, I told you so! David said: “I will tell all the things…” King David was tattle-telling on the Lord! Dictionary.com defines the word tell this way: to give an account or narrative of; announce or proclaim; and to express in words. The man after God’s own heart wanted everyone to know the marvelous things that God had done in his life! David was going to tell, announce, proclaim, and express in words God’s work! Hence, King David was a big tattle-tell…
So today I am going to become a tattle-tell too! I am going to tell you 10 marvelous things that come to my mind that the Lord has done in my life. (If I were to tell you everything He has done we would be here awhile!)
So in no particular order:
1. God gave me eternal life through Jesus Christ!
2. God restored me when I didn’t deserve to be restored!
3. God brought Holly into my life! She is an awesome wife and yes, I married UP!!
4. God blessed me with being a dad of 3 wonderful children! Peyton, Caitlyn, & Megan!
5. Gad has given me some of the best friends a guy could ask for!
6. God has given me a great family which includes my wife’s family!
7. God has granted me moments of waking up and cuddling with both of my princess’!
8. The Lord has blessed me by allowing me to be a pastor!
9. God has never left me in want!
10. God has allowed me to travel around the world to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
I know that life gets crazy busy and we tend to forget about all that He has done in our lives. So today, take some time out of your busy schedule to think about what the Lord has done in your life and then praise His name for it!
Next I would love to hear from you! I would like for you to be like King David by be a tattle-tell and join in the discussion and tell me what Lord has done in your life!
See, it’s ok to be a tattle- tell every once in a while! 🙂